My first post...

3:00 PM Edit This 2 Comments »

Yesssss my first post on my new blog, dedicated entirely to scrapping... When my daughter was born on December 30, 2005, I started scrapping, just a bit, no real problem. But the past couple of months it's become worse and worse. Yes, I have to admit, I am addicted.

I recently joined Phreephorm's CT and am having so much fun using her kits. That's one talented lady.

So, now for a few layouts I recently created...

Wendy was in the tub when I made this one. It is one of my all-time favorites. I converted it to duotone (slightest bit of blue) and really pulled on the curves. And I guess that was it. I didn´t think it needed more. That´s why I kept the layout very simple, I want the focus to be on the picture.
This paper by Phreephorm is just perfect.O, and wimpers is Dutch for eyelashes...
Fonts: Felix titling



My baby at six months, her first time in the bubble bath..

Perfect picture for the lettre B in the the SAS-y ABC Challenge. By the way, the layout was based on the sketch provided for the SAS-y Sketch Challenge.

Credits: Phreephorm's fantastic Bubblegumpop kit, available in the SAS store.


Which means as much as A is for strawberry. Which would be rather ridiculous 'cause strawberry does not start with A. But in Dutch it makes sense.The journalling reads:A is for Aardbei, because when you are born in Beverwijk, you are called Aardbei (strawberry). Mama is a Mug (musquito}, because she was born in Haarlem. And daddy, well, he's an original IJmuidense Vissenkop (fish head).

The template used was by Tracy Drane, who hosts a biweekly template challenge at Make It Scrappy. The templates she provides are amazing, check them out here.

Credits: Tracy Drane - Big Picture template
Carola® Scrapbook Designs Strawberry and Flower kit
Atomic Cupcake Girly Bug Alpha - letter A

Fonts: Gill Sans Ultra Bold, Times New Roman

I guess that's it for today! Thanks for reading!


2 reacties:

Census said...

I love these layouts. Your style is great, you do a fantastic lo but still keep the photo the centre of attention. Thats a rare skill, greta work!!

M u s s said...

Hi!!!
Welcome to the bloggers!! :))